Iran, master's admission
Find out what you need to submit, what previous studies meet the general entry requirements, how to meet the English requirement and any special instructions for your country of study.
Meeting the general entry requirements
A Karshenasi/Bachelor's degree meets the general criteria.
You must upload your documentation both in the original language and in an official translation. Accepted languages for translations are Swedish and English.
The translation must have a stamp from one of the following authorities: Ministry of the Justice Administration, Justice Administration, Judiciary of the Islamic Republic of Iran or similar. The stamp:
- must appear on at least one of the translated pages of your documents.
- usually has a picture of the scales symbol of justice and verifies that your documents were translated by an official translator certified by the Iranian Ministry of Justice.
If your documents are/were not translated in Iran, this stamp is not required.
Special document instructions
To document your eligibility, please submit your diploma and transcript. If an Associate's degree is part of your Bachelor's degree, please provide a diploma and transcript for this as well.
- Provisional/temporary diplomas are accepted, but NOT if they've been issued for the purpose of work or continuing education in Iran.
- Transcripts must be verified (with signature and seal) by the university.
- University Admissions in Sweden does not give exemptions from the requirement that students submit a diploma, regardless of the reason provided.
- If you upload your documents, you must upload scans of the original documents – not certified copies. However, if the original of the translation has copies of the documents in the original language stapled to it by the authorised translator, this will be accepted. Please note that you must upload scans of the original translation and that it must be obvious that the copies are attached to the translation.
- If you submit your documents using the postal service or a delivery service, be sure to send officially certified copies, i.e. copies certified by the issuing university, a notary public or the authorised translator.
- Both the front and back sides of documents from Iran must be scanned and submitted.