Final year of bachelor's studies
Students in their last year of studies who don't yet have documentation of their soon to be completed degree, can be accepted by universities.
If you haven't yet completed your final year of studies
As a master's applicant, you're required to document all semesters of your studies. Universities may consider your application if you:
- are in your last year of studies
- provide an official transcript for all completed semesters to date
- submit documentation from your university certifying that you are an active student in your last year
- provide documentation that you meet the English requirement
Please note that you must complete all steps in the application process and provide any other requested documentation by the deadline.
Official documentation from your current university
Submit an official document stating that you're a currently enrolled student and participating in your last year of studies. The document must be issued through and signed by a representative of the Academic Registrar's Office, the Examinations Office or equivalent. Signatures from other staff members, such as teachers/professors, will not be accepted.
Are you currently studying at a university in Sweden?
If you're in your last year of studies at a university in Sweden, you don't need to submit documentation of your enrollment.
You can use our statement of enrollment status form
University Admissions in Sweden has created a form you can use to help your university provide documentation of your last year of studies. The form is not required: your university can write their own letter or use their own form if they'd like.
If you decide to use the form, simply follow the instructions provided.
If you haven't yet received your diploma
If you've completed your bachelor's studies but are waiting for your official diploma to be issued, please follow these steps in order to document your studies:
- First, check the specific documentation requirements for your country of study. It's possible that you have special instructions if you haven't yet received your diploma.
- Submit your complete, official transcript issued by your university.
- Submit a document from your university certifying that you've completed your bachelor's programme and are waiting for your diploma. This document must be issued through and signed by a representative of the Academic Registrar's Office, the Examinations Office or equivalent. Signatures from other staff members, such as teachers/professors, will not be accepted.
If you've been conditionally admitted
If you’ve been conditionally admitted with the help of the above certification, you may be required to present your complete transcript and/or official diploma once you register at your university at the start of the semester in Sweden. Be sure to check with the university you'll be attending to find out what is required.
We suggest that you upload your documents here at Universityadmissions.se as soon as you get them so that they're registered in the admissions system when you arrive in Sweden.