Canada, master's admission

Find out what you need to submit, what previous studies meet the general entry requirements, how to meet the English requirement and any special instructions for your country of study.

Meeting the general entry requirements

For entry to a Master's programme, the minimum requirement is a 3-year Bachelor’s degree.

Meeting the English requirement

You can meet the English requirement with your upper secondary studies if English is included in your final school grades.

If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must submit documentation in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents according to the instructions for bachelor's applicants.

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through your university studies. If the language of instruction for your bachelor's programme was English, you can document this with your degree certificate and transcript. Other documentation is not required.

You can also fulfil the requirement with an internationally approved English test

Find out more at English language requirements.

General document requirements

In order to complete your admissions application, you must provide the following documents so they arrive at University Admissions by the deadline.

  1. Certificates and diplomas of your completed degree(s) from an internationally recognised higher education institution. 

    The certificate/diploma must be officially issued by a representative of the Academic Registrar's Office, the Examinations Office, or the equivalent office that issues official transcripts of records at your university.

    Find out more about what officially issued means

    Are you in your final year of studies? You'll need to document this! Find out how at the final year of bachelor's studies page
  2. Transcripts of completed courses and grades for each semester included in your degree. If you have had courses credited/transferred from previous studies, you must also submit official transcripts for those courses.

    The documents must be officially issued by a representative of the Academic Registrar's Office, the Examinations Office, or the equivalent office that issues official transcripts of records at your university.

    Make sure the transcripts are dated so we can clearly see when they were issued.
  3. Proof of English language proficiency
  4. Proof that you meet the specific entry requirements

    It's important you check the university's website for information regarding the specific entry requirements for the course or programme you have applied to and any other documentation they may require, such as dissertations, essay summaries, letters of recommendation, or letters of intent. Please do not submit any additional documentation unless it is specifically requested by the university.
  5. In order to speed up the processing of your application, we require a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or some other identification document.

Translation requirements

If your diploma and transcripts are issued in English, a translation is not required. 

If your diploma is issued in French, a translation is not required. 

If your transcripts are issued in French, you must also provide an official translation of your documents. 

Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator. Accepted languages for translations are Swedish or English.

You can submit the translation yourself - the easiest way is by uploading the documents here at Your original transcript, however, must be sent directly to us by your university.

Special document instructions

Your official transcript must be sent directly from your university to University Admissions in Sweden.

There are two ways you can arrange this:

1. Your university can send the official transcripts from an official email address (Academic Registrar's office, Examination’s office, or equivalent office) to This is the fastest and most reliable way to have your documents delivered.

Transcripts sent by a private individual will not be accepted.

Please note that we will not be able to answer any questions sent to this address from senders other than your university.

2. Your university can send the official transcripts in a sealed envelope. There are different addresses to use depending on how the documents are sent.

Address for postal service and registered mail

Your university can send the official transcripts in a sealed envelope to the following address: 

PostNord Strålfors AB
Att: University Admissions in Sweden
SE-190 81 Rosersberg

Please note that the envelope may not contain any other documents than the official transcript.

Address for a delivery service

If your university sends us your supporting documentation via a delivery service, such as FedEx or DHL, please ask them to use the address below. Do not use this address for regular post.

PostNord Strålfors AB
Att: University Admissions in Sweden
Järngatan 11, Kaj 21-25
SE-190 81 Rosersberg

Do not include your cover sheet

Do not send your cover sheet to the university/universities you have previously attended and requested transcripts from. If they send your transcripts to University Admissions in Sweden with your cover sheet, your documents will not be accepted. No other documents should be included with your official transcript.

Transfer credits instructions

Please note that not all universities and colleges list transferred courses and credits. All of your transferred courses and credits that total more than the equivalent of one year of full-time study (for example 30 semester credits) must be listed on the submitted transcript. If these transferred courses and credits are not listed, you must arrange to have a transcript of these courses sent directly to University Admissions in Sweden from the university where you studied.

Your name and birthdate must match on all documents

For your documents to be accepted:

  • the name and birthdate provided must be the same on all your documents (ID, transcripts, degree certificate, etc.)
  • the name on your documents must match the name you reported in your account at

If the names are different, you must provide us with documentation (for example, a marriage certificate if you've been married) as to why they don't match.

If the birthdate on any of your documents is different from your passport, the difference must be explained with official documentation.

This documentation must be either issued in English or Swedish or, if issued in another language, officially translated to Swedish or English.

The easiest way to get your documentation to us is by uploading it here at 

Incomplete documentation

It's your responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood the application requirements and have gathered and submitted all the necessary components of the admissions application by the deadline.


University Admissions in Sweden checks the authenticity of your documents with the issuing institution. University Admissions in Sweden reserves the right to revoke admission if supporting documents are discovered to be fraudulent.

Submission of false documents is a violation of Swedish law and is considered grounds for legal action.

Last updated: 13 April 2023