Austria, master's admission
Find out what you need to submit, what previous studies meet the general entry requirements, how to meet the English requirement and any special instructions for your country of study.
Meeting the general entry requirements
A bachelor's degree (Bakkalaureus/Bakkalaurea or a Bakkalaureus/Bakkalaurea (FH) of at least 3 years) meets the general criteria.
Meeting the English requirement
You can meet the English requirement with the following upper secondary studies:
- with English in a Reifeprüfungszeugnis, or
- with at least 12 hours English in Reife- und Diplomprüfungszeugnis
If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide documentation demonstrating you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated for bachelor’s level studies.
You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test.
Find out more at English language requirements
Special document instructions
If your diploma supplement lists all your courses, it can replace the transcript of records. Final certificate (Abschlusszeugnis) can also replace the transcript of records if all programme modules are adequately presented.
- All pages with text/writing/stamps must be submitted, even back pages.
- A computer-generated transcript of records with clearly stated verification code for online verification can be accepted. Documents without an online verification code or stamp and signature will not be accepted, even if it states “valid without signature”.
- Please note that entries in academic record books cannot be accepted as transcripts of records.