Pakistan, bachelor's admission

Find out what you need to submit, what previous studies meet the general entry requirements, how to meet the English requirement and any special instructions for your country of study.

Meeting the general entry requirements

An Intermediate Secondary School Certificate (ISSC), or Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) meets the general criteria.

Documents required: Officially issued Intermediate Secondary School Certificate (ISSC), or Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) + Statement of marks, or other official transcript. Each document must be verified and attested by Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC). Read more about the documentation requirements below.

General mathematics requirement for graduates after 2009

If you graduated after 2009, a passing grade in Mathematics is required to meet the general entry requirements for bachelor’s level studies. If you don’t have a passing grade in Mathematics in your ISSC or HSSC, you must also submit your Secondary School Certificate (SSC). Observe that the same requirements for verification and attestation apply to your Secondary School Certificate as for your ISSC/HSSC.

Meeting specific entry requirements in mathematics

Many courses and programmes have both general and specific entry requirements. The specific requirements are Swedish courses that you must have the equivalent of from your previous studies. Read more about specific entry requirements

Your mathematics studies from your Secondary School Certificate (SSC) can correspond to the Swedish mathematics courses Matematik 1b or Matematik 2a, depending on what year you completed your studies. Usually, if you've completed your Intermediate/Higher Secondary School after 2010, your SSC will meet the specific requirement for the Swedish course Matematik 2a.

Meeting the English requirement

Upper secondary studies completed in this country do not meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. Even if you studied English at your upper secondary school, it is not enough to give you eligibility in regard to English.

You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through an internationally approved English test.

More at the page English language requirements

General document requirements

To complete your admissions application, you must provide the following documentation:

1. Record of completed upper secondary (high school) education

For your eligibility for courses and programmes at the bachelor's level to be determined - and for you to compete with other applicants for available places in courses and programmes - you must submit your upper secondary qualifications. 

This completed education must qualify you for higher education studies in the country you received it. 

2. Identification document

To speed up the processing of your application, we require a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or a similar identification document.

What about university records?

Your university qualifications cannot be considered instead of your upper secondary (high school) qualifications. However, the results from your previous university studies may help you meet the specific entry requirements for a course or programme. We therefore recommend that you submit documentation of your university studies. 

To find out how to submit them, see the information for your country of study for master's applications.

Translation of documents not required

As documents from this country are normally issued in English, you don't need to provide translations.

Specific document instructions

Please note the following in regard to your documentation from upper secondary school:

1. For your documentation to be accepted, all Intermediate, and Higher Secondary School Certificates + Statement of Marks/official transcript must be verified and attested by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) in Pakistan. 

2. Some qualifications can be verified by University Admissions in Sweden online. If we can't verify your qualifications online, you will be requested to contact IBCC and ask them to provide you with your verified and attested qualifications in a, by them, sealed envelope. The sealed envelope should then be sent by post to University Admissions in Sweden. You will be notified on your account here if you must contact the IBCC yourself. Please note that only some boards of intermediate and secondary education provide functioning online verification services. We can recommend you try to verify your documents via the secondary education board, before uploading them here at If your board does not provide this service, please send in your documents by regular post. Otherwise, we'll request that you do so which will delay the processing of your application.

3. To make it easier for us to connect your documentation with your application, we ask that you together with the sealed envelope from IBCC submit the following information:

  • your name
  • your father's name
  • your personal identity number or application number (you can find this information under 'Application' when you log in to your account here)

4. The verified documents, along with your personal information, must be sent in an envelope sealed by IBCC directly to:

Postal service address

PostNord Strålfors AB
Att: University Admissions in Sweden
SE-190 81 Rosersberg

Delivery service address

If you submit your supporting documentation using a delivery service, such as FedEx or DHL, please use this address. Do not use this address for regular post.

PostNord Strålfors AB
Att: University Admissions in Sweden
Järngatan 11, Kaj 21-25
SE-190 81 Rosersberg

5. We recommend that applicants submit their application and upload supporting documents as early as possible in the admissions round, as the verification process can take a long time. 

6. Please be advised that University Admissions in Sweden does not pay for degree verifications.

Your name and birthdate must match on all documents

For your documents to be accepted:

  • the name and birthdate provided must be the same on all your documents (ID, transcripts, degree certificate, etc.)
  • the name on your documents must match the name you reported in your account at

If the names are different, you must provide us with documentation (for example, a marriage certificate) as to why they don't match. Please note that we cannot accept an affidavit as documentation of your name change.

If the birthdate on any of your documents is different from your passport, the difference must be explained with official documentation. Please note that we cannot accept an affidavit as documentation of your birthdate change.

This documentation must be either issued in English or Swedish or, if issued in another language, officially translated to Swedish or English.

Incomplete documentation

It's your responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood the application requirements and have gathered and submitted all the necessary components of the admissions application by the deadline.


University Admissions in Sweden checks the authenticity of your documents with the issuing institution. University Admissions in Sweden reserves the right to revoke admission if supporting documents are discovered to be fraudulent.

Submission of false documents is a violation of Swedish law and is considered grounds for legal action.

Last updated: 15 May 2023