Finland, bachelor's admission

Find out what you need to submit, what previous studies meet the general entry requirements, how to meet the English requirement and any special instructions for your country of study.

Meeting the general entry requirements

The following meet the general requirement:

  • Lukion Päättötodistus + Ylioppilastutkintotodistus / Avgångsbetyg från gymnasiet + Studentexamensbetyg
  • Tutkintotodistus, ammatillinen perustutkinto, 120 ov /Examensbetyg, yrkesinriktad grundexamen 120 sv
  • Tutkintotodistus, ammatillinen perustutkinto, 180 osp/ Examensbetyg, yrkesinriktad grundexamen 180 kp, as well as your transcript of record with all your grades and subjects that are included in your degree.

Abibetyg/Opintokirjan ote/Jaksotodistus/Studiebetygsutdrag do not fulfill the basic requirements without the above documentation.

Please note: If you've studied Mathematics basic syllabus (lyhyt oppimäärä/kort lärokurs) according to the 2015 curriculum, you must submit a certificate or a study register excerpt (Opintokirjan ote/ Opintorekisteriote/Studiekort/Studieregisterutdrag) which shows that you have studied Mathematical Analysis MAB7 (Matemaattinen analyysi/Matematisk analys) in order to demonstrate eligibility in Mathematics 3b.

Meeting the English requirement

You can meet the English requirement with your upper secondary studies (lukio/gymnasium) with an English advanced course (pitkä oppimäärä/lång lärokurs) in the Matriculation exam (Ylioppilastutkinto / Studentexamen) or with 8 completed courses of English as an A language. If you graduated according to the 2015 curriculum it’s sufficient with 6 completed courses of English as an A language.

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test.

Find out more at English language requirements

General document requirements

To complete your admissions application, you must provide the following documentation:

1. Record of completed upper secondary (high school) education

For your eligibility for courses and programmes at the bachelor's level to be determined - and for you to compete with other applicants for available places in courses and programmes - you must submit your upper secondary qualifications. 

This completed education must qualify you for higher education studies in the country you received it. 

2. Identification document

To speed up the processing of your application, we require a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or a similar identification document.

What about university records?

Your university qualifications cannot be considered instead of your upper secondary (high school) qualifications. However, the results from your previous university studies may help you meet the specific entry requirements for a course or programme. We therefore recommend that you submit documentation of your university studies. 

To find out how to submit them, see the information for your country of study for master's applications.

Translation requirements

You must always submit your documents in the official language of the country where you studied. Upper secondary documents issued in Finnish don’t need to be translated.

Documents issued in English by your school are also accepted.

Your name and birthdate must match on all documents

For your documents to be accepted:

  • the name and birthdate provided must be the same on all your documents (ID, transcripts, degree certificate, etc.)
  • the name on your documents must match the name you reported in your account at

If the names are different, you must provide us with documentation (for example, a marriage certificate if you've been married) as to why they don't match.

If the birthdate on any of your documents is different from your passport, the difference must be explained with official documentation.

This documentation must be either issued in English or Swedish or, if issued in another language, officially translated to Swedish or English.

The easiest way to get your documentation to us is by uploading it here at 

Incomplete documentation

It's your responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood the application requirements and have gathered and submitted all the necessary components of the admissions application by the deadline.


University Admissions in Sweden checks the authenticity of your documents with the issuing institution. University Admissions in Sweden reserves the right to revoke admission if supporting documents are discovered to be fraudulent.

Submission of false documents is a violation of Swedish law and is considered grounds for legal action.

Last updated: 05 October 2022