Denmark, bachelor's admission

Find out what you need to submit, what previous studies meet the general entry requirements, how to meet the English requirement and any special instructions for your country of study.

Meeting the general entry requirements

The following upper secondary degrees meet the general criteria.

  • Almen studentereksamen (stx)
  • Højere teknisk studentereksamen (htx)
  • Højere merkantil studentereksamen  (hhx)
  • Højere forberedelseseksamen (hf) 
  • Erhvervsfaglig studentereksamen (eux)

Meeting the English requirement

You can meet the English requirement with your upper secondary studies with:

  • English Niveau A
  • English Niveau B if you graduated 2008 and later

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test.

Find out more at English language requirements

Special document instructions

The document you need to submit is the Bevis for Studentereksamen. If you studied eux, you need to submit two documents: Bevis for eux 1. del and Skolebevis.

Please note the following:

  • Eksamensprotokol, Karaktermeddelelse and Kladde cannot be accepted as they are not officially issued documents.
  • Eksamensbevis hørende til gymnasiereformen 2005 cannot be accepted as it is not the final and official document.

Translation requirements

Upper secondary school (high school)

You must always submit your documents in the official language of the country where you studied. Documents issued in English by your school are also accepted.

University level studies

You must always submit your certificate/diploma and transcripts in the official language of the country where you studied.

Academic qualifications issued in English by the university are also accepted. In this case, you don't need to provide documents in the official language.

Your name and birthdate must match on all documents

In order for your documents to be accepted:

  • the name and birthdate provided must be the same on all your documents (ID, transcripts, degree certificate, etc.)
  • the name on your documents must match the name you reported in your account at

If the names are different, you must provide us with documentation (for example, a marriage certificate if you've been married) as to why they don't match.

If the birthdate on any of your documents is different from your passport, the difference must be explained with official documentation.

If your documentation was issued in Swedish, Danish, Norwegian or English, no translation is required. Otherwise, please provide an official translation to English or Swedish. 

You can contact us if you're not sure what you should submit. The easiest way to get your documentation to us is by uploading it here at 

Incomplete documentation

It's your responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood the application requirements and have gathered and submitted all the necessary components of the admissions application by the deadline.


University Admissions in Sweden checks the authenticity of your documents with the issuing institution. University Admissions in Sweden reserves the right to revoke admission if supporting documents are discovered to be fraudulent.

Submission of false documents is a violation of Swedish law and is considered grounds for legal action.

Last updated: 03 November 2022