Cameroon - British, bachelor's admission

Find out what you need to submit, what previous studies meet the general entry requirements, how to meet the English requirement and any special instructions for your country of study.

Meeting the general entry requirements

The following meet the general criteria:

  • Cameroon General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level and Advanced Level with 6 different passed subjects, of which two are at GCE Advanced Level, or
  • Baccalauréat Technique (from 1995), or
  • Brevet de Technicien (from 1997).

To document your eligibility, please submit the General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level and one of the following certificates:

  • Cameroon General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level
  • Baccalauréat Technique: Certificate and Transcript of Results (if you're applying for courses/programmes that require previous mathematics and/or natural science studies, you must also submit your course curriculum)
  • Brevet de Technicien: Certificate and Transcript of Results (if you're applying for courses/programmes that require previous mathematics and/or natural science studies, you must also submit your course curriculum)

Meeting the English requirement

You can meet the English requirement with your previous upper secondary studies with a passing grade in the English Language course in the General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level / Advanced Level/ Baccalauréat Technique/ Brevet de Technicien.

You can also demonstrate you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test.

Find out more at English language requirements

Read more about Internationally recognised English tests

General document requirements

To complete your admissions application, you must provide the following documentation:

1. Record of completed upper secondary (high school) education

For your eligibility for courses and programmes at the bachelor's level to be determined - and for you to compete with other applicants for available places in courses and programmes - you must submit your upper secondary qualifications. 

This completed education must qualify you for higher education studies in the country you received it. 

2. Identification document

To speed up the processing of your application, we require a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or a similar identification document.

What about university records?

Your university qualifications cannot be considered instead of your upper secondary (high school) qualifications. However, the results from your previous university studies may help you meet the specific entry requirements for a course or programme. We therefore recommend that you submit documentation of your university studies. 

To find out how to submit them, see the information for your country of study for master's applications.

Translation requirements

Documents issued in English, French, Spanish, German, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish do not need to be translated.

If your documents are in any other language, you must also submit an official translation of the documents into Swedish or English. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator.

What about translation of my university documents?

If you have university documents to submit, you can find translation instructions by clicking on your country of study at the information for master's applications.

Special document instructions

All upper secondary qualifications from Cameroon must be verified with the Cameroon GCE Board.

Please contact Cameroon GCE Board and ask them to verify your qualifications and send this proof from an official e-mail address to We will unfortunately not be able to answer any questions sent to this address from senders other than Cameroon GCE Board. 

Please be advised that University Admissions in Sweden does not pay for degree verifications.

Your name and birthdate must match on all documents

For your documents to be accepted:

  • the name and birthdate provided must be the same on all your documents (ID, transcripts, degree certificate, etc.)
  • the name on your documents must match the name you reported in your account at

If the names are different, you must provide us with documentation (for example, a marriage certificate) as to why they don't match. Please note that we cannot accept an affidavit as documentation of your name change.

If the birthdate on any of your documents is different from your passport, the difference must be explained with official documentation. Please note that we cannot accept an affidavit as documentation of your birthdate change.

This documentation must be either issued in English or Swedish or, if issued in another language, officially translated to Swedish or English.

Incomplete documentation

It's your responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood the application requirements and have gathered and submitted all the necessary components of the admissions application by the deadline.


University Admissions in Sweden checks the authenticity of your documents with the issuing institution. University Admissions in Sweden reserves the right to revoke admission if supporting documents are discovered to be fraudulent.

Submission of false documents is a violation of Swedish law and is considered grounds for legal action.

Last updated: 19 October 2022