Belgium, bachelor's admission

Find out what you need to submit, what previous studies meet the general entry requirements, how to meet the English requirement and any special instructions for your country of study.

Meeting the general entry requirements

Flemish-speaking community

Getuigschrift/Diploma van Hoger Secundair Onderwijs + Transcript (“Resultaatenlijst” or corresponding document) with subjects and grades from years 4-6

French-speaking community

Certificate de l’Enseignement Secondaire + Transcript (“Bulletin” or corresponding document) with subjects and grades from years 4-6

German-speaking community

Abslusszeugnis der Oberstufe des Sekundarunterrichts + Transcript (“Jahreszeugnis” or corresponding document) with subjects and grades from years 4-6

To document your eligibility for studies, please submit the following documents according to your language of study.

Flemish-speaking community

Algemeen Secundair Onderwijs (ASO)
Technisch Secundair Onderwijs(TSO)
Kunstsecundair Onderwijs(KSO)
Beroepssecunair onderwijs (BSO)

French-speaking community

Enseignement general
Enseignement technique
Enseignement artistique
Enseignement professionnel

German-speaking community

Allgemeinbildende Sekundarunterricht
Technische Sekundarunterricht
Berufliche Bildung, if concluded with an Abschlusszeugnis.

Please note that you must submit your diploma AND your transcript with subject and grades from the last three years of study. 

Meeting the English requirement

Diploma van Secundair Onderwijs - ASO meet the requirement for English if you graduated 2000 or later.

Certificat d'Enseignement Secondaire Supérieur - Enseignement général meet the requirement for English if you graduated 2009 or later.

English from TSO and Enseignement technique may meet the requirement through an assessment of the year of graduation and the number of English courses taken.

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test.

Find out more at English language requirements

General document requirements

To complete your admissions application, you must provide the following documentation:

1. Record of completed upper secondary (high school) education

For your eligibility for courses and programmes at the bachelor's level to be determined - and for you to compete with other applicants for available places in courses and programmes - you must submit your upper secondary qualifications. 

This completed education must qualify you for higher education studies in the country you received it. 

2. Identification document

To speed up the processing of your application, we require a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or a similar identification document.

What about university records?

Your university qualifications cannot be considered instead of your upper secondary (high school) qualifications. However, the results from your previous university studies may help you meet the specific entry requirements for a course or programme. We therefore recommend that you submit documentation of your university studies. 

To find out how to submit them, see the information for your country of study for master's applications.

Translation requirements

Documents issued in English, French, Spanish, German, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish do not need to be translated.

If your documents are in any other language, you must also submit an official translation of the documents into Swedish or English. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator.

What about translation of my university documents?

If you have university documents to submit, you can find translation instructions by clicking on your country of study at the information for master's applications.

Your name and birthdate must match on all documents

For your documents to be accepted:

  • the name and birthdate provided must be the same on all your documents (ID, transcripts, degree certificate, etc.)
  • the name on your documents must match the name you reported in your account at

If the names are different, you must provide us with documentation (for example, a marriage certificate if you've been married) as to why they don't match.

If the birthdate on any of your documents is different from your passport, the difference must be explained with official documentation.

This documentation must be either issued in English or Swedish or, if issued in another language, officially translated to Swedish or English.

The easiest way to get your documentation to us is by uploading it here at 

Incomplete documentation

It's your responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood the application requirements and have gathered and submitted all the necessary components of the admissions application by the deadline.


University Admissions in Sweden checks the authenticity of your documents with the issuing institution. University Admissions in Sweden reserves the right to revoke admission if supporting documents are discovered to be fraudulent.

Submission of false documents is a violation of Swedish law and is considered grounds for legal action.

Last updated: 11 March 2024