Bangladesh, bachelor's admission

Find out what you need to submit, what previous studies meet the general entry requirements, how to meet the English requirement and any special instructions for your country of study.

Meeting the general entry requirements

The following diplomas/certificates meet the criteria:

  • Higher Secondary Certificate Examination
  • Diploma in Business studies, Commerce, Engineering etc.
  • Vocational Higher Secondary Certificate Examination
  • Pre-University course
  • Madrasah Alim Certificate Examination

You can document your eligibility by submitting your Examination Certificate with Marks Sheet, Statement of Marks or Academic Transcripts issued by the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE) or Bangladesh Technical Education Board (not the school).

Did you graduate after 2009?

If you graduated after 2009, a passing grade in Mathematics is required to meet the general entry requirements for bachelor’s level studies. If you don’t have a passing grade in Mathematics in your Higher Secondary Certificate or Proficiency Certificate, you must also submit your Secondary School Certificate (SSC).

Meeting the English requirement

Upper secondary studies

Upper secondary studies completed in this country do not meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. Even if you studied English at your upper secondary school, it is not enough to give you eligibility in regard to English.

University studies

To document your English eligibility through university studies, you must have one of the following:

  • a degree equivalent to a Swedish kandidatexamen where English is the main subject
  • 60 ECTS credits (or the equivalent) from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland where the language of instruction of the course was English
  • 60 ECTS credits (or the equivalent) from USA, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, or English speaking parts of Canada where the language of instruction was English
  • a degree equivalent to a Swedish kandidatexamen from a university listed in World Directory of Medical Schools where the language of instruction was English. Please note that you must have completed your degree within the last 10 years.

English test

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through an internationally approved English test.

Find out more about the English language test and English language requirements.

General document requirements

To complete your admissions application, you must provide the following documentation:

1. Record of completed upper secondary (high school) education

For your eligibility for courses and programmes at the bachelor's level to be determined - and for you to compete with other applicants for available places in courses and programmes - you must submit your upper secondary qualifications. 

This completed education must qualify you for higher education studies in the country you received it. 

2. Identification document

To speed up the processing of your application, we require a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or a similar identification document.

What about university records?

Your university qualifications cannot be considered instead of your upper secondary (high school) qualifications. However, the results from your previous university studies may help you meet the specific entry requirements for a course or programme. We therefore recommend that you submit documentation of your university studies. 

To find out how to submit them, see the information for your country of study for master's applications.

Translation of documents not required

As documents from this country are normally issued in English, you don't need to provide translations.

Your name and birthdate must match on all documents

For your documents to be accepted:

  • the name and birthdate provided must be the same on all your documents (ID, transcripts, degree certificate, etc.)
  • the name on your documents must match the name you reported in your account at

If the names are different, you must provide us with documentation (for example, a marriage certificate if you've been married) as to why they don't match.

If the birthdate on any of your documents is different from your passport, the difference must be explained with official documentation.

This documentation must be either issued in English or Swedish or, if issued in another language, officially translated to Swedish or English.

The easiest way to get your documentation to us is by uploading it here at 

Incomplete documentation

It's your responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood the application requirements and have gathered and submitted all the necessary components of the admissions application by the deadline.


University Admissions in Sweden checks the authenticity of your documents with the issuing institution. University Admissions in Sweden reserves the right to revoke admission if supporting documents are discovered to be fraudulent.

Submission of false documents is a violation of Swedish law and is considered grounds for legal action.

Last updated: 25 February 2024