Pakistan, master's admission

Find out what you need to submit, what previous studies meet the general entry requirements, how to meet the English requirement and any special instructions for your country of study.

Meeting the general entry requirements

For entry to a master's programme, the minimum requirement is one of the following:

  • a 4-year Bachelor's degree
  • a Bachelor's degree of minimum 124 credits
  • a Bachelor's degree followed by a Master's degree or Bachelor of Business Studies, minimum 4 years of university studies.

Students holding a Bachelor's degree issued before 1 January 2012 from a university which was classified as category Z or Y by the Higher Education Commission (Mohi-ud-Din Islamic University, University of East, DHA-Suffa University, Nazeer Hussain University) must have the following to be considered:

  • a Master's degree
  • the length of their university studies must be at least 5 years

The following degrees do not satisfy the entry requirements for a master's programme:

  • Bachelor's in Homeopathy
  • Bachelor and Master of Technology

Meeting the English requirement

Upper secondary studies completed in this country do not meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. Even if you studied English at your upper secondary school, it is not enough to give you eligibility in regard to English.

You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through an internationally approved English test.

More on the page English language requirements

General document requirements

In order to complete your admissions application, you must provide the following documents so they arrive at University Admissions by the deadline.

1. Certificates and diplomas of your completed degree(s) from an internationally recognised higher education institution.

The certificate/diploma must be officially issued by a representative of the Academic Registrar's Office, the Examinations Office, or the equivalent office that issues official transcripts of records at your university.

2. Transcripts of completed courses and grades for each semester included in your degree. If you have had courses credited/transferred from previous studies, you must also submit official transcripts for those courses.

The documents must be officially issued by a representative of the Academic Registrar's Office, the Examinations Office, or the equivalent office that issues official transcripts of records at your university.

3. Proof of English language proficiency

4. Proof that you meet the specific entry requirements

It's important you check your university's website for information regarding the specific entry requirements for the course or programme you have applied to and any other documentation they may require, such as dissertations, essay summaries, letters of recommendation, or letters of intent. Please do not submit any additional documentation unless it is specifically requested by the university.

5. Identification document with your name, picture and CNIC number or other ID number, for example a copy of your passport.

Translation of documents not required

As documents from this country are normally issued in English, you don't need to provide translations.

Special document instructions

All university transcripts and diploma(s) must be attested by the Higher Education Commission (HEC). This includes transcripts of incomplete studies if you haven’t yet completed your degree. Please note that if your Detailed Marks Certificate has two parts, you need to submit them both (attested by HEC). It is not enough that the total sum of marks from the first year is reported only on part 2. Points per course from both years must be accounted for. The authenticity of your qualifications will be verified with HEC.

Please note the following: 

  • Documents attested by the HEC before February 2009 (stamp number under 200,000) cannot be verified. These documents must be attested again by the HEC for them to be considered.
  • The digits on the HEC-stamp must be visible and easy to read on your scanned documents.
  • Degrees issued while a university was closed for admission by the HEC cannot be accepted. 

Please note that college-issued mark sheet/result card/transcript will not be accepted unless they are countersigned by the Controller of examinations at the degree awarding university and attested by HEC. College-issued diplomas or provisional certificates not attested by HEC will not be accepted.

Your academic qualifications can be uploaded together with an “utlåtande” from UHR ENIC-NARIC or HSV in Sweden, if you have one.

Please be advised that University Admissions in Sweden does not pay for degree verifications.

Your name and birthdate must match on all documents

For your documents to be accepted:

  • the name and birthdate provided must be the same on all your documents (ID, transcripts, degree certificate, etc.)
  • the name on your documents must match the name you reported in your account at

If the names are different, you must provide us with documentation (for example, a marriage certificate) as to why they don't match. Please note that we cannot accept an affidavit as documentation of your name change.

If the birthdate on any of your documents is different from your passport, the difference must be explained with official documentation. Please note that we cannot accept an affidavit as documentation of your birthdate change.

This documentation must be either issued in English or Swedish or, if issued in another language, officially translated to Swedish or English.

Incomplete documentation

It's your responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood the application requirements and have gathered and submitted all the necessary components of the admissions application by the deadline.


University Admissions in Sweden checks the authenticity of your documents with the issuing institution. University Admissions in Sweden reserves the right to revoke admission if supporting documents are discovered to be fraudulent.

Submission of false documents is a violation of Swedish law and is considered grounds for legal action.

Last updated: 04 October 2023