Pakistan, master's admission
Find out what you need to submit, what previous studies meet the general entry requirements, how to meet the English requirement and any special instructions for your country of study.
Meeting the general entry requirements
For entry to a master's programme, the minimum requirement is one of the following:
- a 4-year Bachelor's degree
- a Bachelor's degree of minimum 124 credits
- a Bachelor's degree followed by a Master's degree or Bachelor of Business Studies, minimum 4 years of university studies. Some, but not all, study programmes require the first degree be in a related field.
Students holding a Bachelor's degree issued before 1 January 2012 from a university which was classified as category Z or Y by the Higher Education Commission (Al Khair University, Mohi-ud-Din Islamic University, University of East, DHA-Suffa University, Nazeer Hussain University) must have the following to be considered:
- a Master's degree
- the length of their university studies must be at least 5 years
The following degrees do not satisfy the entry requirements for a master's programme:
- Bachelor's in Homeopathy
- Bachelor and Master of Technology
Meeting the English requirement
Upper secondary studies completed in this country do not meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. Even if you studied English at your upper secondary school, it is not enough to give you eligibility in regard to English.
Students with a Bachelor's degree (equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen) in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Applications, Medicine, Pharmacy, or Natural Sciences, unless it is documented that the language of instruction for the programme was a language other than English, meet the English requirement. Please note that there are two exceptions:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology will not meet the English requirement.
- A Bachelor’s degree from Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science & Technology (FUUAST), will not meet the English requirement unless it is clearly stated in the official degree documentation that the language of instruction was English. Any other English language certificates or letters will not be accepted.
You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through an internationally approved English test.
Find out more at English language requirements
Special document instructions
All university transcripts and diploma(s) must be attested by the Higher Education Commission (HEC). Please note that if your Detailed Marks Certificate has two parts, you need to submit them both (attested by HEC). It is not enough that the total sum of marks from the first year is reported only on part 2. Points per course from both years must be accounted for. The authenticity of your qualifications will be verified with HEC.
Please note the following:
- Documents attested by the HEC before February 2009 (stamp number under 200,000) cannot be verified. These documents must be attested again by the HEC for them to be considered.
- The digits on the HEC-stamp must be visible and easy to read on your scanned documents.
Please note that college-issued mark sheet/result card/transcript will not be accepted unless they are countersigned by the Controller of examinations at the degree awarding university and attested by HEC. College-issued diplomas or provisional certificates not attested by HEC will not be accepted.
Your academic qualifications can be uploaded together with an “utlåtande” from UHR ENIC-NARIC or HSV in Sweden, if you have one.
Please be advised that University Admissions in Sweden does not pay for degree verifications.