If you have a residence permit or right of residence but do not have a Swedish personal identity number (personnummer), you must document your status.

 You can document your status as follows:

  • to prove that your residence permit is for reasons other than studies, you must submit a copy of the first page of your decision from Migrationsverket.

  • to prove that you have right of residence, submit a copy of your right of residency card, or of the decision you received from Migrationsverket.

You can either upload a scanned copy of your original document to University Admissions in the 'Documents' tab in your account here, or submit a copy of the original document via regular post.

The address to submit your documentation to is:

University Admissions in Sweden
R 312
SE-106 53 Stockholm

Please include the cover sheet provided under 'Application' in 'My pages' along with your document only if you submit it via regular post. Do not include a cover sheet if you upload your identification document.

It is important that you submit your documentation by the deadline indicated; otherwise, your application will be considered late and will only be processed if time permits and there are places available.