As soon as you have submitted your application you must send your supporting documents and cover sheet to University Admissions in Sweden.

For further details, see Additional documentation.

If you have previously applied online, please see the following link:

For those who have previously applied

Record of completed upper secondary (high school) education

You must verify that you have successfully completed upper secondary (high school) education (post-16). This completed education, and subsequentally awarded degree certificate or diploma, must qualify you for higher education studies in the country you received it. For a list of what you need to send in specific to your country, please see 'Submit the right document for your country' in the box to the right.

University records

Students who have attended university are required to submit documentation of their studies and results. This also applies to students who are applying for studies at the bachelor's (undergraduate) level.

For more information regarding documentation of university studies, please see the page University records.

How to submit your documents

Please submit certified photocopies of any certificate issued and the transcript of subjects taken and grades awarded. Only copies of final and officially issued documents are valid.

Do not send the original documents, unless you are requested to do so. No original documents, apart from documents requested by an Admissions Officer, will be returned.

Students may send their supporting documentation to us via the regular postal service or through a delivery service. Please note that the delivery and postal address are the same; a delivery service does not need a street address for us to receive your documents.

University Admissions in Sweden
FE 1
SE–833 83 Stroemsund

Please note: Stroemsund is not located in a large Swedish city. Therefore, it may take a few extra days for your documents to arrive. Please be sure to plan this extra time when submitting your documents to be sure they reach University Admissions by the deadline. 

Document translation requirements

Upper secondary (high school) documents in English, French, Spanish, German, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish do not need to be translated. Upper secondary school documents in Icelandic regarding grades, such as transcripts and diplomas, do not need to be translated; however, other documents in Icelandic, such as a certificate of name change, must be translated.

If your documents are in any other language, you must also submit authorised translations of the documents into Swedish or English.

Documents from university level studies that are in a language other than English, French, German, Danish, or Norwegian must be translated.

Country-specific information

University Admissions has provided a list of countries and what specific documents are required. Please be sure to read the document 'Submit the right documents for your country'  on the top-right to find out what you need to submit.

Furthermore, if you studied in one of the following countries, you have special instructions to follow. Please see the links below for country-specific information:





United States


Proficiency in English

You must also present proof of proficiency in the English language. For courses and programmes where the language of instruction is English, the entry requirement is usually the equivalent of English studies at upper secondary (high school) level in Sweden (English 6/English course B). If your high school qualification in English does not fulfil this requirement, you must submit the official results from an internationally recognised test such as TOEFL or IELTS.
You can document your English proficiency by sending copies of your high school transcripts and grades.

TOEFL results

It is your responsibility to ensure that the official TOEFL score is forwarded directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS) to the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR). The institution code is Sweden 3477. Please note that it can take several weeks for your test scores to arrive at University Admissions so make your request as soon as possible.

Proof of identity

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we require a photocopy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or some other identification document. If you are from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland and are required to document your citizenship status in order to be considered exempt from paying application and tuition fees, your passport photocopy must be certified. For more information, please see: EU/EEA students exempt from fees

If you are not a citizen of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland, certification of your passport photocopy is not required.

Change of name

If you legally change your name, for example after getting married, you must provide documentation. This documentation can be in the form of a photocopy of your marriage certificate or other relevant document.


University Admissions in Sweden checks the authenticity of your documents with the institution (school, university) that issued them. Please note that embassies are not involved in the verification process. University Admissions in Sweden reserves the right to revoke admission if supporting documents are discovered to be fraudulent. Submission of false documents is a violation of Swedish law and is considered grounds for legal action.