Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in the United Kingdom (Scotland has a separate page), with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

You can meet the English requirement with your upper secondary studies with the GCSE/IGCSE, grade C/4.

If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

The following completed upper secondary studies meet the requirement:

  • GCE/ A-level + GCSE/ IGCSE/ O-level
  • BTEC Level 3 Diploma (120 credits)
  • BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (180 credits)
  • BTEC National Diploma
  • BTEC National Certificate
  • Advanced General National Vocational Qualification (AGNVQ)

Please note:

  • The requirement for GCE/Advanced/International Advanced/Advanced Supplementary Level  + GCSE/ IGCSE/Ordinary level is a minimum total of five subjects of which at least two must be Advanced/International Advanced Level. The entry requirement can be met with other combinations. Please contact University Admissions for further information.
  • If you have a BTEC degree, please submit both Certificate and Notification of Performance. You should also submit your grades from GCSE. In this way, we can check if you meet the English requirement and if you meet the specific entry requirements for courses and programmes you apply to.
  • Statement of Results cannot be accepted.
  • All documents must be officially issued.

For master's level studies:

The minimum requirement for entry to a Master's programme is a Bachelor's degree (hons) of at least 330 CATS /SCQF points

  • Students holding only an ordinary, pass, condoned pass or compensated fail degree will not satisfy the entry requirements for a Master's programme.
  • Your Transcript of Records and Degree Certificate must be issued by a recognised body, usually a University, not your College/School/Department, and it must be signed and stamped by the recognised body.
  • If your degree includes accredited transfer credits, full documentation of the whole Bachelor education (including Accredited Previous Learning, APL) must be included. If your APL comprises more than one year (120 CATS), the APL must also be listed in the Transcript of Records issued by the degree-awarding institution.