Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in the Philippines, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

You can meet the English requirement if English was a subject in all upper secondary school years AND was the only language of instruction for the Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or English was the Bachelor’s degree major.

If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

High School/Secondary Student’s Record (Form 137-A) + Associate degree/ Bachelor’s degree (Official Transcript of Records)

For master's level studies:

For entry to a Master's programme, the minimum requirement is normally a 4-year Bachelor's degree and a 2-year Master's degree. A Bachelor's degree (4 years) followed by a Bachelor of Law (4 years) or a Doctor of Medicine (4 years) is considered to fulfill the requirements.

Translation requirements

  • Transcripts and diploma issued in English by the university are accepted; in this case, transcripts in the original language are not required.
  • If your transcripts and diploma are issued in other languages (i.e. Filipino or latin), you also need to submit an official certified translation to Swedish, English, French or German.