Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Lebanon, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

Lebanese upper secondary studies might meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. You must show that English is the first foreign language studied during your upper secondary years. The baccalaureat document that is required and listed below does not generally state this. Because of this be sure to submit your diploma and transcripts from all years at secondary/high school.

You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any documentation requirements

For bachelor's level studies:

You can meet the general criteria with:

  • General Secondary Diploma (from national examination) (امتحاناة شهادة الثانوية العامة) or
  • Baccalauréat Libanais (البكالوريا)

To document your eligibility, please submit your diploma and transcript from all upper secondary (high school) years.

Please note the following special instructions:

  • Upper secondary grades from the graduation years 1978, 1985, 1987-1989 and 2014 must attach an officially issued certificate that the student was signed up to take the national examination (baccalaureat), and also include final school grades. 
  • Your documents must be submitted in the original Arabic, and also in an official translation in English, French or Swedish. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator.

For master's level studies:

A Bachelor's degree/Licence meets the general criteria.

To document your eligibility, please submit your diploma/certificate and transcript. If your qualifications are in French, submit your Diplôme et releve de notes (دبلوم آو شهادة و كشف علامات).

  • Academic credentials issued in English or French by the university are accepted.
  • If your documentation is issued in another language, you need to submit documentation both in the original language and an official translation. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator. Accepted translation languages are Swedish and English.
  • If you upload your documents, you must scan your original documents; certified copies are not accepted.
  • If you send your documents via regular post, you must send officially certified copies i.e. copies certified by the issuing university or a notary public.
  • Both the front and back sides of documents must be scanned and submitted. 

Last updated: 08 April 2019