Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Iran, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

Upper secondary studies completed in this country do not meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. Even if you studied English at your upper secondary school, it is not enough to give you eligibility in regard to English.

You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any documentation requirements

For bachelor's level studies:

Certificate of completion of 4-year High school studies + High school transcripts year 1-4 - گواهینامۀ پایان تحصیلات دورۀ متوسطه + کارنامه های  تحصیلی کلاس اول تا چهارم دبیرستان 

Certificate of completion of 3-year high school studies + High school transcripts year 1-3 + Certificate of completion of pre-university studies + pre-university transcripts year

  • گواهینامۀ پایان تحصیلات دورۀ متوسطه سه ساله +
  • کارنامه های تحصیلی کلاس اول تا سوم دبیرستان +
  • گواهینامۀ پایان دورۀ پیش دانشگاهی + کارنامۀ دورۀ پیش دانشگاهی

For master's level studies:

A Karshenasi/Bachelor's degree meets the general criteria.

To document your eligibility, please submit your diploma and transcript. If an Associate's degree is part of your Bachelor's degree, please provide a diploma and transcript for this as well.

  • Diplomas and transcripts of completed courses and grades must be provided in the original language, and an official translation. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator.
  • Provisional/temporary diplomas are accepted, but NOT if they've been issued for the purpose of work or continuing education in Iran.
  • Transcripts must be verified (with signature and seal) by the university.
  • University Admissions in Sweden does not give exemptions from the requirement that students submit a diploma, regardless of the reason provided.
  • If you upload your documents you must upload scans of the original documents – not certified copies. However, if the original of the translation has copies of the documents in the original language stapled to it by the authorised translator, this well be accepted. Please note that you must upload scans of the original translation and that it must be obvious that the copies are attached to the translation.
  • If you submit your documents via regular post, be sure to send officially certified copies, i.e. copies certified by the issuing university, a notary public or the authorised translator.
  • Both the front and back sides of documents from Iran must be scanned and submitted. 
Last updated: 08 April 2019