Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Canada, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

You can meet the English requirement wiht your upper secondary studies if English is included in your final school grades.

If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:


Alberta High School Diploma passed with at least 100 credits + High School Transcript of Achievement

British Columbia/Yukon

British Columbia Certificate of Graduation + Transcript of grades


Higher School Graduation Diploma passed with at least 20 credits / Final Secondary School-leaving Certificate

New Brunswick

High School Graduation Diploma (at least 21 credits with pass in 18 credits) / Diplôme de Fin d’Etudes Secondaires (at least 24 credits with pass in 20 credits)


High School Graduation Diploma (at least 36 credits with pass in 21 credits)

North West Territories

NWT High School Diploma with at least 100 credits

Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia High School Completion Certificate


High School Graduation Diploma / School Leaving Certificate


Ontario Secondary School Diploma/ Ontario Student Transcript with a minimum of 30 credits

Prince Edward Island

High School Graduation Diploma with at least 18 credits with 4 credits in English/French and 2 credits in mathematics and 2 credits in social science and science


Diplom d’Etudes Secondaire (DES) + Releve de notes Examen du Secondaire + Diplome d’Etudes Collegiales (DEC) + Bulletin d’études collégiales


Transcript of Secondary Level Achievement

Grade 12 Standing or Division IV Standing (min 24 credits, before 1988 21 credits)

For master's level studies

For entry to a Master's programme, the minimum requirement is a 3-year Bachelor’s degree (360 credits).

Submitting your documents

Your official transcript of record must be sent directly from your university in a sealed envelope, to the address below. You cannot upload or send your transcript to us via regular post.

Do not send a copy of your cover sheet to the university(ies) you are requesting a transcript from. If they send your transcript along with your cover sheet to University Admissions in Sweden, your transcript documents will not be accepted. 

Please provide this address to your university:

University Admissions in Sweden
R 312
SE-106 53 Stockholm

Please note: Not all universities and colleges list transferred courses and credits. All of your transferred courses and credits that total more than the equivalent of one year of full-time study (for example 30 semester credits) must be listed on the submitted transcript. 

If these transferred courses and credits are not listed, you must arrange to have a transcript of these courses submitted to University Admissions in Sweden, according to the documentation rules for the country where you previously studied.