For your documents to be accepted, it's important that they are "official" before they are scanned into a PDF file for uploading, or are copied and submitted via regular post. 

Certified original documents for scanning and uploading

Academic documents

You must scan your original, certified documents. This means that your original academic (university) documents must be issued by a representative of the Academic Registrar's Office, the Examinations Office, or the equivalent office that issues official documents of records at your university. Officially issued means that your original transcript must be stamped and signed by the issuing institution (e.g. controller of examination, secretary, registrar, dean or the equivalent).

Other documents

There are no certification requirements for non-academic documents you upload. What is important is that the scans are of the original documents and in colour (if the original document was issued in colour).

See Uploading instructions for further information on how to prepare your documents for scanning and uploading.

Certified copies of documents for submitting via regular post

Academic documents

All copies of original academic documents must be attested as true copies of the original. This means that the copies must be stamped and signed by the issuing institution, or a notary public.

Copies can only be made from the original document, for example degrees, diplomas, certificates, etc. Copies of copies will not be accepted.

In order to attest document copies, you must present both the original and copy of the document to the person carrying out the attestation. Each copy and page must be attested separately and clearly indicate:

  • the signature of the attesting officer

  • the stamp of the issuing institution or notary public

  • the name and address or provider/registration number (where applicable) of the attesting officer. This must be printed legibly (able to read) below the signature or in the stamp. It must be possible for University Admissions in Sweden to contact the attesting officer if necessary. A stamp stating only "True copy certified" will not be accepted.

Documents attested by the issuing institution must be issued through and attested by a representative of the Academic Registrar's Office, the Examinations Office, or the equivalent office that issues degrees and official transcripts of records at your university. Attestation by other staff, such as faculty or college staff members, is not acceptable.

Other documents submitted via regular post

The copies of some documents you submit via regular post must also be attested. This means that someone must attest to the fact that the copy is a true copy of the original document. You can ask a teacher, school official or friend to attest the copy for you. On each copy, they must print their name, provide their signature, and write their telephone number.

The following document copies must be attested:

  • Upper secondary (high school) documents
  • Copies of English test results (please note that some English test results much be submitted in another way, see English test results for more information)