In order for your application to be processed, all required documents must be submitted. You can find out here what you need to submit to University Admissions.

In order to complete your admissions application, you must provide the following documents after submitting your online application. 

Please do not submit documents that are not listed here, unless they are required by the university to which you are applying.

Record of completed upper secondary (high school) education

You must verify that you have successfully completed upper secondary education (post-16). This completed education, along with the awarded degree certificate or diploma, must qualify you for higher education studies in the country you received it.

University records

Bachelor's studies applicants who have attended university are required to submit documentation of their studies and results. 

For more information regarding documentation of university studies, please see Step 4: Submitting my university records.

Your university qualifications cannot be considered instead of your upper secondary (high school) qualifications

In order for your eligibility for courses and programmes at the bachelor's level to be determined - and for you to compete with other applicants for available places in courses and programmes - you must submit your upper secondary qualifications. While we require your university qualifications if you've completed studies at a university, they cannot be used in place of your upper secondary qualifications.

Document translation requirements

Upper secondary (high school) documents issued in English, French, Spanish, German, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish do not need to be translated. Upper secondary school documents in Icelandic regarding grades, such as transcripts and diplomas, do not need to be translated; however, other documents in Icelandic, such as a certificate of name change, must be translated.

If your documents are in any other language, you must also submit authorised translations of the documents into Swedish or English.

Documents from university level studies that are in a language other than English, French, German, Danish, or Norwegian must be translated to Swedish or English.

Proficiency in English

You must also present proof of proficiency in the English language. For courses and programmes taught in Sweden, the entry requirement is usually the equivalent of the Swedish upper secondary course English 6 or English course B. If your high school qualification in English does not fulfil this requirement, you must submit the official results from an internationally recognised test such as TOEFL or IELTS.

You can find out if your upper secondary education meets the English requirement at Step 2: Checking for special instructions.

TOEFL results

If you've taken the TOEFL test, you must arrange for the official TOEFL score to be forwarded directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS) to the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR). The institution code is Sweden 3477. Please note that it can take several weeks for your test scores to arrive at University Admissions so be sure to arrange for your results to be sent as soon as possible.

Identification document

In order to speed up the processing of your application, we require a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or a similar identification document.

Signed Cover sheet only when submitting documents via regular post

In order to link your documents with your admission application, you must print out a cover sheet, sign it, and submit it with the documents you submit via regular post. A cover sheet is not required when uploading documents. Please make the cover sheet is the first document in the document package you submit via regular post to University Admissions.

Students with a Swedish personal identity number need only supply that number on any documentation they submit to University Admissions in Sweden; a cover sheet is not required.

Change of name

If you legally change your name, for example after getting married, you must provide documentation. This documentation can be in the form of a scan of your original marriage certificate or other relevant document.