Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in the United States, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

You can meet the English requirement with your upper secondary studies. If you completed all four years of High School, you fulfil the English language entry requirement (the equivalent of the Swedish course English 6).

If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.

Please note: The GED examination does not fulfil the English language entry requirements, as it is only equivalent to the Swedish course English 5.

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

High School Graduation Diploma + Official transcript for all years (9-12 or 10-12).

Your school must send your transcript

Your official transcript must be sent in a sealed envelope directly from your school to University Admissions in Sweden. The envelope may not contain any other documents than the official transcript.

University Admissions in Sweden
R 312
SE-106 53 Stockholm

If you've studied at an international American high school

Transcripts from International High Schools operating within the American education system must include information about the accrediting organisation so that it is possible to determine whether the school has an accepted regional accreditation in the USA. If this information is not on the transcripts, it must be stated on the diploma or separate appendix.

Applying for programmes with higher requirements in certain subjects 

Bachelor's level programmes and courses in such areas as engineering, natural sciences and medicine require a higher level of completed study in one or more of the following subjects: mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology. 

To meet the requirements for physics, chemistry and biology from an American high school education, you must have successfully taken Advanced Placement (AP) tests in these subjects. For mathematics, AP Calculus AB or BC is required. For Physics, AP Physics 1 or 2 is required.

If you have not taken AP tests in these subject but have studied them at a higher level, you must upload the curriculum from your school so that we can assess your qualifications. Your curriculum documents must be uploaded by the deadline to complete applications as indicated on Universityadmissions.se.

For master's level studies:

For entry to a Master's programme, the minimum requirement is a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university.

Have your transcript sent direct from your university

Your official transcript of record must be sent directly from your university to the adress listed below. Please note that not all universities and colleges list transferred courses and credits. All of your transferred courses and credits that total more than the equivalent of one year of full-time study (for example 30 semester credits) must be listed on the submitted transcript. If these transferred courses and credits are not listed, you must arrange to have a transcript of these courses sent directly to University Admissions in Sweden from the college or university where you studied.

Please do not send a copy of your cover sheet to the university(ies) you are requesting a transcript from. If they send your transcript along with your cover sheet to University Admissions in Sweden, your transcript documents will be rejected.

University Admissions in Sweden
R 312
SE-106 53 Stockholm

Delivery Service (FedEx, DHL etc.)

If you submit your supporting documentation via a delivery service, such as FedEx or DHL, please use the address below. Do not use this address for regular post.

PostNord Strålfors
Västberga Allé 36D 5tr
SE-126 30 Hägersten

Last updated: 08 April 2019