Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Turkmenistan, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

Upper secondary studies completed in this country do not meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. Even if you studied English at your upper secondary school, it is not enough to give you eligibility in regard to English.

You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any documentation requirements

For bachelor's level studies:

Unfortunately, completed secondary school from Turkmenistan does not meet the general entry requirements for undergraduate university studies in Sweden.

You can meet the general entry requirement with a secondary school certificate and transcript (Orta bilim hakynda Attestat / Sahadatnama) followed by a Diploma and transcripts from a Higher Education Institution (minimum 4 years).

For master's level studies:

The minimum requirement is Specialist Diploma (Диплом Специалиста), minimum 5-year and equivalent to 300 ECTS.

  • To demonstrate your eligibility, you must submit an official diploma and transcript that have been issued by the government. If your diploma supplement lists all your courses, it can replace the transcript of record given that it is sent together with the diploma. All pages with text/writing/stamps must be submitted, even back pages.
  • Please note that entries in academic record books cannot be accepted as transcripts of records.

Always submit your documents in the original language

You must submit your diploma and transcript/Diploma Supplement of completed courses and grades in the original language. You must also provide a translation of your documents – this translation must be completed by an official translator. Accepted languages for translations are Swedish, English, French or German.

If your university issues documents in English, these alone cannot be accepted. We must also have the documents issued in their original language.