Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Switzerland, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

You can meet the English requirement with your upper secondary studies if English was studied at minimum as a third language in Maturitätszeugnis, Certificat de Maturité, Baccalauréat or Attestato di Maturità.

If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

The following upper secondary degrees meet the general criteria:

  • Maturitätszeugnis
  • Certificat de Maturité
  • Baccalauréat
  • Attestato di Maturità
  • Berufsmaturitätszeugnis 
  • Fachmaturität

For master's level studies:

A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 180 ECTS meets the requirement:

  • Eidgenössische Berufsprufung/ Diplom -Diplöme Federal or Lizentiat/Licence or Diplom/Diplöme.

Please note that Examen Preliminaire, Demi-Licence or other intermediate qualifications do not meet the entry requirements.

To document your eligibility, please submit your diploma and transcript 

Did you complete your studies at an American university?

If you completed your studies at Glion Institute of Higher Education, please see Country Specific requirements for U.S.A.

Last updated: 08 April 2019