Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Spain, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

Upper secondary studies completed in this country do not meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. Even if you studied English at your upper secondary school, it is not enough to give you eligibility in regard to English.

You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any documentation requirements

For bachelor's level studies:

Diploma Bachiller + Certificado de Calificaciones 1º y 2º año

Diploma de Bachiller + Certificado calificaciones del Bachillerato Unificado y Polivalente (BUP) años 1, 2 y 3 + Certificado calificaciones Curso de Orientación Universitaria (COU)

You can also submit a receipt showing that all fees are paid and that you are entitled to the official Diploma Bachiller. This can be accepted instead of the actual diploma certificate if it is sent together with your transcript (Certificado de Calificaciones).

For master's level studies:

For entry to a Master's programme, the minimum requirement is a 180 ECTS Bachelor’s degree, or for example a Licenciado, Ingenìero superior, Arquitecto, Titulo de Maestro, Diplomado, Ingenìero técnico, Arquitecto técnico, Grado or Superior.

  • A receipt from the University showing that all fees are paid and that you are entitled to the official degree title will be accepted instead of the actual degree certificate if it is sent together with your transcript of records. Please note that the receipt may not be older than two years.
  • If you intend to submit a Diploma Supplment in support of your application, make sure to submit an official Diploma Supplement. A European Certificate of Partial Studies cannot be accepted.
  • If your original documents are issued in Spanish, you must send copies of these as well as an official translation in either English, French, German, or Swedish.