Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Nigeria, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

You can meet the English requirement with your upper secondary studies with:

  • GCE O-level in English

  • English in your SSCE/WASSCE

If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.

Students with a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in Nigeria are considered to have a sufficient level of English.

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

One of the following certificates must be submitted with your application:

  • General Certificate of Education (GCE) Your GCE results must include (5) subjects or more which of at least two (2) must be at the advanced level.

  • Senior School Certificate (SSCE) Your SSCE results must include five (5) subjects or more: English, and four (4) other subjects.

  • West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE) Your WASSCE results must include five (5) subjects or more: English, Mathematics and three (3) other subjects.

  • National Technical Certificate (NTC) 1992
  • National Business Certificate (NBC) 1992


All upper secondary school results must be issued by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) or the National Examinations Council of Nigeria (NECO). 

Scratch cards

In addition to a copy of your certificate, you are also required to submit a scratch card. Alternatively you can send your serial number and PIN on a piece of paper. You may also submit the scratch card data using the contact form.

Before submitting any such data, check that your results are available on the WAEC/NECO websites.

We accept these websites for verification: http://mynecoexams.com for NECO and http://www.waecdirect.org/ for WAEC.

Please be advised that University Admissions in Sweden does not pay for degree verifications.

Never send in the original documents by regular post unless you are requested to do so. No original documents, apart from documents requested by an Admissions Officer, will be returned.

For master's level studies:

For entry to a Master's programme, the minimum requirement is a Bachelor's degree.

Students holding only a National Diploma/Higher National Diploma will not satisfy the entry requirements for a Master's programme.

Have your transcript sent direct from your university

Your official transcript of record must be sent directly from your university in a sealed envelope, to the address below. You cannot upload or send your transcript to us via regular post.

Do not send a copy of your cover sheet to the university(ies) you are requesting a transcript from. If they send your transcript along with your cover sheet to University Admissions in Sweden, your transcript documents will not be accepted. 

Please provide this address to your university:

University Admissions in Sweden
FE 20102
SE-83987 Östersund

Verification of academic documents

The authenticity of qualifications will be verified with the issuing university.

The qualification verification process takes time. It is therefore important that you apply early and ensure that your study documents are received by University Admissions in Sweden as early as possible. The later your documents are received, the less chance you have of being considered.

Please be advised that University Admissions in Sweden does not pay for degree verifications