Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Cameroon in English, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

Previous upper secondary studies

You can meet the minimum English requirement - the equivalent of English 6 - as long as English is completed at the GCE O-level.

If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.

Previous university studies

Students who hold a degree from a university where English is the main language of instruction are not required to submit an English test.

English test

If you do not have one of the qualifications listed above, you can meet the English requirement through an internationally recognised English test. Please note that students who hold a degree from a university where French is the main language of instruction are required to submit the results of an internationally recognised test.

For more information regarding English test requirements, please see the following link:

Internationally recognised English tests

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

Cameroon General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level and Advanced Level

Baccalauréat Technique (from 1995)

Brevet de Technicien (from 1997)

Verification of upper secondary studies:

All upper secondary qualifications from Cameroon must be verified with the Cameroon GCE Board.

Please contact Cameroon GCE Board and ask them to verify your qualifications and send this proof to Sweden. They can send this proof in one of two ways:

  • They can send the verification directly from the GCE Board in a sealed envelope to University Admissions in Sweden. The address they should send your verification to is: University Admissions in Sweden, ”Verifications”, Box 45093, SE-104 30 Stockholm, Sweden
  • Cameroon GCE Board may also send the verification from an official e-mail address to verifications@uhr.se. We will unfortunately not be able to answer any questions sent to this address from other senders than Cameroon GCE Board. 

Please be advised that University Admissions in Sweden does not pay for degree verifications.

For master's level studies:

Your official transcript of record must be sent directly from your university in a sealed envelope, to the address below. You cannot upload or send your transcript to us via regular post.

Do not send a copy of your cover sheet to the university(ies) you are requesting a transcript from. If they send your transcript along with your cover sheet to University Admissions in Sweden, your transcript documents will not be accepted. 

Please provide this address to your university:

University Admissions in Sweden
FE 20102
SE-83987 Östersund

  • The authenticity of your qualifications will be verified with the issuing university.
  • The qualification verification process takes time. It is therefore important that you apply early and ensure that your study documents are received by University Admissions in Sweden as early as possible. The later your documents are received, the less chance you have of being considered.
  • Please be advised that University Admissions in Sweden does not pay for degree verifications.