Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Bangladesh, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

Upper secondary studies completed in this country do not meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. Even if you studied English at your upper secondary school, it is not enough to give you eligibility in regard to English.

You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

Higher Secondary Certificate Examination / Intermediate Certificate + Marks Sheet / Academic Transcript

For master's level studies:

For entry to a master's study programme, the minimum requirement is a 4-year Bachelor's degree, or a Bachelor's degree followed by a Master's degree. Some, but not all, study programmes require that first degree to be in a related field.

Consideration will also be given to applicants who have attained a 3-year Bachelor's degree with honours in certain social science or humanities majors.

Students holding a 3-year Bachelor's degree without honours will not satisfy the entry requirements for a Master's programme.

Students holding a Bachelor's degree from a university which the Ministry of Education has classified as "failed most requirements", "failed to satisfy requirements", or "registration canceled" must have a Master's degree to be considered.

The following degrees do not satisfy the entry requirements for a master's programme:

  • A Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery from India, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh
  • A Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery from India, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh

University document requirements

  • Please note that college-issued mark sheet/result card/transcript will not be accepted.
  • Mark sheets/transcripts must be issued by the Registrar's Office or the Controller or Examinations Office at the university.
  • If the transcripts/mark sheets do not contain the names of the courses studied, a syllabus must be submitted. Transcripts/mark sheets where the courses are listed as “Paper1", “Paper2" are not sufficient.
  • Documents certified by the issuing institution must be issued through and certified by a representative of the Academic Registrar's Office, the Examinations Office, or equivalent of the institution. Certification from other staff members, such as faculty or college staff members, is not acceptable. Further information can be found at the following link: Requirements for certification

Specific instructions for all documents

Your upper secondary and university documents from Bangladesh cannot be uploaded and must therefore be submitted in a different way: 

Upper secondary documents

Your upper secondary (if applying for bachelor's studies) documents, as listed above, must be submitted via regular post. Send them to: University Admissions in Sweden, FE 20102, SE-839 87 Östersund, SWEDEN

University documents

Your official transcript must be sent in a sealed envelope directly from your university to University Admissions in Sweden. The envelope may not contain any other documents other than the official transcript. Have them send your transcript to: University Admissions in Sweden, FE 20102, SE-839 87 Östersund, SWEDEN

Please note: If your transcript does not contain information about you getting your degree, you must submit a copy of your degree certificate (diploma). The copy must be officially certified by your university, or by a notary public. You can either:

  • Submit the certified copy yourself via regular post
  • Have your university submit it directly to University Admissions in Sweden.

You cannot upload your upper secondary or university documents. If you submit them by uploading them, they will not be accepted.